Wednesday 1 June 2016

Sunless Tanning

As many of my British readers will know, sometimes the British summers feel like the wet season. Those of you who remember as far back as 2007 will agree with me. Tanned skin has been fashionable in western culture for decades. But what if there is no sunshine? How will a girl get a tan?

The answer is fake tan. We've all heard of it. Celebrities such as Katie Price and Jodie Marsh are famous for using it, as is the cast of TOWIE a programme which the beauty product has become associated with. Despite the fact my natural skin tone is quite fair, I come back from my holiday every year with a tan. (Or a great big burn if I spent too much time in the pool and couldn't be bothered to put on suncream. I then have to put on a cheap t-shirt with faded images on it to protect myself from the sun and I end up looking a little bit silly). 

But what if I want a tan and I haven't been on holiday to Sunny Beach or Son Bou? The answer is fake tan. Until this "summer" (can we really call it summer if I had to go in the car to the cinema today wearing a raincoat because it was so wet! If it was really summer I'd have walked to a public outdoor pool wearing no coat whatsoever) my milky skin was a virgin to fake tan. But when I was shopping last Tuesday in Sainsburys I came across a dove moisturiser enriched with tanning lotion for £3.99, so I decided to purchase some. 



 

When I used it, I slathered it on like normal moisturiser. I did this as the bottle said it was a moisturiser enriched with tanning agents. It gave me a nice brown glow that made me look as though I really had taken a holiday to St. Tropez. Like all beauty products, it went quickly so once I ran out I decided to buy a new bottle of tanning lotion but this time a different brand.

I bought Rinmel's "In-Shower Self Tan" which is a self tanning lotion that is used in the shower. Basically you wet you're skin in the shower as you normally would and then massage the lotion into you're wet skin. You then wash it off and when you dry off, you pat you're skin with a towel rather than rub it so that the lotion does not come off you're skin. 






I love the formula of using this product in the shower because it means that I don't have to use a tanning mitt or worry about about staining the carpet in the event of a spillage. It has given me a gorgeous glow that makes me feel like a sun goddess.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment