Saturday 2 April 2016

Enjoying my Easter Holiday

So over Easter I managed to get a fair bit of chocolate plus money. I was almost as excited as I am on Xmas morning as I was on Easter morning. I couldn't wait to get the chocolate eggs. There is just something about Easter eggs that makes them special and exciting. I think its the fact they're hollow and big and you can bite into them and get a big chunk of chocolate in you're mouth!

On Easter Monday my parents took me to look at where I hope to go to university - UCA Farnham, I did some artwork the following day, I treated myself to a Starbucks Strawberries & Creme Kreme Blend on Wednesday and on Thursday I had a girlie day out with my friend Hannah. We had our lunch in ASK where we shared some meatballs for our starter, I had a spicy pepperoni for my main and we shared a chocolate lava cake for dessert. Of course I washed down my meal with a still Sicillian raspberry lemonade.

Over the holidays I have been trying to revise each day and I've been taking photographs for my Photography project. It's good to do revision in small chunks each day and then relax after, I find.

One thing I can happily is say that I feel like I've really enjoyed this holiday so far. Whereas I look back on other school holidays and think I could've enjoyed them more. I feel I was way too stressed over the February half term, very unhappy over Xmas and I felt that I wasted last summer holiday by being stressed and upset all the time! Well it's time that I started enjoying my holidays.

My counsellor told me to enjoy my Easter and eat lots of chocolate and I think her kind words really helped. I can't wait for next week. Hopefully I'll get to go to an art gallery and next Saturday I'm meeting Hannaha and a mutual friend of ours named Poppy. My mum also said that next week she'd like to come to the cinema with me to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, it's been a while since I saw the first film but I look forward to seeing the 2nd. I also want to see Zootropolis at some point.

This holiday I have felt that I've been eating well. I've had fruit most morning for breakfast, vegetables with all my dinners and a glass of fruit juice at breakfast time. Yesterday I had sweetcorn and chicken soup for lunch and later on I smacked on Brie with crackers before tucking into prawn and vegetable stir fry at dinner time. I've discovered that it's better to have a little bit of Brie or another cheese on a cracker than a bag of crisps because although cheese contains fat, it is more filling than crisps and crisps are higher in salt!

I've been helping my mum in the kitchen by chopping vegetables and tonight I had medium-rare rump with straight cut chips, onion rings, mushrooms, garlic mushrooms, peas and peppercorn sauce. Twas very nice. I feel like I've done well with food, positivity and life so far this Easter break.



1 comment:

  1. Very excited for the Easter holidays and already made lots of plans for the day. Want to arrange a lunch party at one of amazing event venue. Going to give invitations to all my loved ones. Thinking to hire a planner who can manage everything in best way.

    ReplyDelete