Monday 25 May 2015

My Day in London

Today was a National Holiday in the UK. I travelled to London, and explored Camden market. The first thing that caught my eye there was a Rococo inspired necklace. I bought it and it is the most beautiful piece of jewellery I've ever seen.

By the time the beauty was purchased I became very hungry. I'd only had two sausages for brunch before I left my home. We looked around the food stalls of Camden Market and there was so much variety that I struggled to choose. There was so much variety and delicacies from different cuisines such as Ethiopian, Polish and Malaysian. I decided to have a meal from a stall that served Argentine beef burgers and steak sandwiches. I loved recieving free samples on a cocktail stick, the nicest free sample I tried was a French one that had chicken, spinach and cheese in it. Two other nice ones included a Turkish chicken kebab and an Indian naan bread. The jerk chicken sample I received was too dry for my liking. I like chicken to be moist.

I was going to have a gaucho burger but then I decided to have a steak sandwich instead. It was a beautiful grilled steak that was a thin cut. It lay on a small ciabatta role with roasted red peppers, basil leaves and a nice sauce. It came with chips (what we call fries in the UK) and ketchup. The steak sandwich was lovely. The only thing I didn't enjoy about my meal was the fact there were no proper sit down tables so I had to eat it while sitting down on a little wall. I didn't really eat my chips because they were nothing special.


After eating my steak sandwich we went to look at the other stalls of Camden. My favourite stalls were the ones that sold Victorian, Steampunk, Vintage and Gothic inspired clothing. I saw this really cute Victorian (perhaps it was Lolita inspired) inspired dress that I so badly wanted but I knew that I'd never be able to afford it. It had puffy short sleeves, I'd say it was calf length and it was cream coloured.

My visit to Irregular Choice was my first visit ever and I was absolutely memorised. I loved the products and the cute faux tiger head on the wall.

The cute poodle heels were my favourite product in the store. 

If I won the lottery I'd purchase lots of products from Irregular Choice and other stalls/shops in Camden Market


Outside another shop I saw some lovely 1950s inspired dresses. Again if I had the money, I would one  or two.


I had a lovely time in Camden and I hadn't really being anywhere like it before. The previous times I've been to London I've either been to the South Bank, Kensington, Knightsbridge, Regents Park or Chinatown. Although I love learning about the past and the world around us I find that museums can be rather tiresome, I discovered this after visiting three main London museums (The Natural History Museum, The Science Museum and the British Museum). However when I walked round Camden I did not feel tired at all. I hope I can go back sometime and I'm still deciding whether I'm a country or a city person!


Goodnight my followers


No comments:

Post a Comment